360 degrees of wellness and fitness
360 degrees of wellness and fitness  

360 Tips and Tricks: Devin and Gina's fun and interesting exercises, thoughts and insights on everything healthy.

Saturday, March 13, 2010
Cycling for Recovery

As everyone knows I was super sick last month with double lung pneumonia. I spent 7 days in the hospital, and then 2 weeks in bed recovering.

Now that I'm feeling better I am back to exercising. But I have a different approach.

It's going to sound strange, but right now I feel like honoring my mind and body.
I am trying to do things that allow me to work my muscles, and free my mind at the same time.

For me it's Yoga and Cycling. Both allow me to get great exercise and peace of mind.

I bought a Norco road bike two summers ago and have hardly used it. But now that the roads are clear and the sun is out, that bike calls my name every day! Since Monday I've biked over 50 kilometers.

I am teaching four yoga classes a week too. I've never felt better inside and out!

I will eventually work some weight training back into my life. Just not right now. Being sick has really changed my perspective. I'm not going to push my body into things that don't reward my spirit.
I want to do things that speak to my whole being. (I know it sounds corny)

My point is...I am doing things that make me feel complete and invite you to do the same.
Mix in some yoga, meditation, cycling, swimming...whatever speaks to you!

Namaste ;)

Gina

Labels:



















ask the trainer

Previous Posts


Archives


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]